Contracts are for the full product line of the manufacturers offering, and the same cost-plus percent will apply to all vehicles. UGUs may order via government build opportunities, directly from the Contractors retail opportunities or existing vehicles available on the Contractors lot.
- Before issuing a purchase order (PO), the Using Governmental Unit (UGU) will request quotes from at least two Contractors for the type of vehicle(s) requested, if more than one Contractor has vehicles available. A UGU may request additional copies of manuals, additional parts or repair manuals, training on the specific equipment, or other option packages available. This information will be provided to the Contractor prior to requesting the quote.
- The Contractor will provide the price available at the time of the quote using the latest information available from the manufacturer at the time and considering option packages or other additions to meet a state standard specification. The Contractor is responsible for communicating any potential price changes during the manufacturing process, and then give the UGU the option to accept the changes or cancel the PO. The Contractor should take all steps available to protect the UGU from manufacturer’s price increases when possible. Examples of acceptable cost validation tools include, but are not limited to, a manufacturers invoice (different manufacturers have different names for these) and price lists. Adds made by the dealer that do not come from the manufacturer will be validated through use of the invoices from any upfitter, body shop, window tint provider, or any other provider necessary to meet the requirements of a state standard specification or a UGU requested option.
- Contractor will also provide an estimated delivery time with each quote. UGU’s will consider both price and delivery time when determining which Contractor to issue the PO to.
- All costs, to include delivery and the contracted state administrative fee are included in the contracted cost-plus percent.
- Upon delivery, Contractor must provide all documentation necessary to justify the cost they paid for the vehicle(s). Documentation may differ between manufacturers, but at a minimum must show the following:
- The price the Contractor paid for the vehicle(s) from the manufacturer including any delivery fees.
- The price of any dealer adds requested by the UGU and/or to meet a state standard specification.
- Any price changes that occurred during vehicle production that were approved by the UGU.
- The total price of the vehicle(s) after all costs are added.
- The total price of the vehicle(s) with the Contractors added cost-plus percent.
- The UGU will verify the final cost for the vehicle(s) as part of, and before, final acceptance.
- Failure to provide sufficient documentation to justify the final price of the vehicle will be justification to reject the vehicle(s)
Some UGU’s may have additional requirements or specifications for a particular vehicle (i.e., DOT wiring harness, DNR wiring harness, DOT pintle, etc.) that may not be standard to the manufacturer. These additional requirements or specifications will be provided to the Contractor on a case-by-case basis by the UGU when requesting a quote in Step 1 above.
|Start Date: 09/13/2022 | End Date: 09/12/2024|
|•List of Contractors, Manufacturer's and Maximum Cost Plus Percent|
|Vendor: Alan Jay|
|Address: 5530 US Hwy 27 S, Sebring, FL 33870|
|Contact: Matt Forte|
|Vendor: Dick Smith Ford|
|Address: 7201 Garner's Ferry Rd., Columbia, SC 29209|
|Contact: Mark Coward|
|Vendor: Excel Truck Group|
|Address: 2790 Shop Rd., Columbia, SC 29209|
|Contact: Bill Fuller|
|Phone#: 803-376-4455 Ext 1205|
|Vendor: Herlong Ford|
|Address: 775 Augusta Road, Edgefield, SC 39824|
|Contact: Kelly Sanders|
|Phone#: 803-480-1436 (Cell)|
|Contact: Gabe Lane|
|Contact: Wes Herlong|
|Vendor: Horace G Ilderton, LLC|
|Address: 701 S Main St., High Point, NC 27260|
|Contact: Odell McBride|
|Vendor: Lynn Cooper|
|Address: 305 East Main St., Clinton, SC 29325|
|Contact: Chip Cooper|
|Vendor: Performance CDJR|
|Address: 605 Warsaw Road, Clinton, NC 28328|
|Contact: Amy Hill|
|Contact: Gene Daniel|
|Vendor: Santee Automotive|
|Address: 2601 Paxville Highway, Manning, SC 29102|
|Contact: Scott Watford|
|Vendor: Performance Ford|
|Address: 213 Southeast Blvd, Clinton, NC 28328|
|Contact: Amy Hill|
|Contact: Gene Daniel|
|Vendor: Shealy's Truck Center|
|Address: 1340 Bluff Rd., Columbia, SC 29201|
|Contact: Steve Gardner|
|Vendor: Stivers Ford |
|Address: 4000 Eastern Blvd., Montgomery, AL 36116|
|Contact: Craig McAdams|
|Vendor: US Fleet Source|
|Address: 979 Village Oaks Dr., Covina, CA 91724|
|Vendor: Vic Bailey Ford|
|Address: 501 E. Daniel Wergan Ave., Spartanburg, SC 29302|
|Contact: David Vetter|
|Phone#: 864-585-3600 Ext 267|
|Vendor: Benson Ford|
|Address: 4701 Calhoun Memorial Hwy, Easley, SC 29640|
|Contact: Thomas Thorpe|
|Vendor: Benson Nissan|
|Address: PO Box 3447, Spartanburg, SC 29304|
|Contact: Jimmy Benson|
|Vendor: Love Chevrolet|
|Address: PO Box 8387, Columbia, SC 29202|
|Contact: Shawn Roberts|
|Vendor: Wade Ford (Premier Automotive, Inc)|
|Address: 3860 South Cob Dr., Smyrna, GA 30080|
|Contact: Roger Moore|